Friday, July 20, 2007

Some nice caches

Today I went on a nice hike up Sleeping Beauty Mountain in the Southeastern Adirondacks. I went to just enjoy the hike, but ended up finding two great cachers Sleeping Beauty Cache and Sleeping Beauty's Prince Charming. The second one is probably the best geocache I have ever found. It was in a great location, great clues and real a nice cache.

Also, I really had fun on my hike. I had the top of the mountain all to myself. I also did the loop hike, in that after I hiked to the summit, I took the trail down to Bumps pond an then back to the trail head. It was fun . Total trip was 7.8 miles of some real quiet Adirondack hikin.

Here are some pics.

This are the remains of the old Dacy farmhouse.





A view from the summit of Lake George.




Bumps Pond




No comments: