Friday, July 6, 2007

The Changing World of Letterboxing Containers and the weather :-)

Today was a frustrating day for me. First, the weather was as usual not cooperating with my letterboxing plans. We had multiple thunder boomers roll through today and I am not even going the think about trying for a few boxes. I have my son onboard as far as enthusiasm, but the rest of my family is not really interested in Letterboxing. So I don’t have many days free to go and letterbox and with most of the letterboxes found near me, I have to venture out which takes time that I don’t seem to be able to find.

The other thing that I found frustrating today was while visiting my local target to purchase a couple of Lock and Lock, or Snapware containers to begin replacing my Rubbermaid boxes, that the do not carry Snapware anymore and the Lock & Locks are not the size I really want. They are a little small and I have to cut down my favorite size logbook, the Strathmore 4x6. Target replaced the Snapware with a Sterilite container that has a steam release vent on top with a depression to allow your finger room to open it. If I had to use them I would have to seal this with silicon. These containers seal like lock and locks so they would be nice and they have some of the sizes that I like to use. I just don’t like that there is a hole in the lid. I should just plane ahead and order the lock and locks or Snapware directly one a year. I don’t really plan on make a ton of places, but who knows?

No comments: