Sunday, August 5, 2007

Black Mountain Letterbox is Placed

I had a great day yesterday! We had great weather and it was perfect for a hike. I love hiking Black Mt. from the lakeside as it offers the so many opportunities to see Lake George from different perspectives. My reason for this hike was to finally get my Black Mountain Fire Tower letterbox in place. Which I did although there really weren't that many places to hide it as I needed to stay away from an in place geocache. But I was able to place it is a fairly secure and semi protected location. I used a lock and lock container that I camouflaged to help keep it away from the muggles.

I also upgraded my Black mountain Point letterbox with a lock and lock container also...I feel so secure now!

Today I picked up a letterbox, Orra Phelps, and a geocache, Orra Phelps' secret at the Orra Phelps preserve in Wilton NY. It is a nice small nature preserve with a stream running through it. It is known for its large variety of ferns.

Well anyway I really had a nice letterboxing and geocaching weekend.

No comments: