Sunday, May 18, 2008

A nice Hike on the Cat

I had a nice adventure on Cat and Thomas mountains in Bolton Landing, NY. I went early as we were expecting bad weather later in the afternoon in the Southeastern Adirondacks. The trail up was covered with the orange newts that are common to the area.

The hike straight up to Cat Mt. was fairly clear and easy. This followed the orange and yellow trail markers. The blue ridge trail was an adventure as there were a lot of trees down on the trail making a rugged trail even more difficult to follow. I had to use my Adirondack senses to find the trail a couple of times so beware. Once this trail is cleared by the LGLC, it will be glorious. Not so much elevation gain, but a nice woods trail. It is not for the novice hiker at this time however.

Had a good time, Cat Mt offers some very scenic views. Oh and I found 4 geocaches up there…just a bonus.

No comments: