Monday, May 12, 2008

Gas saving tips

Wow! The price of gas is beginning to make everyone rethink what you are going to do when you go boxing or geocaching. In fact it may even prevent many from enjoying these hobbies as much as the wanted to.

I was thinking about this today and here are some ideas that I am going to try to incorporate into my boxing and caching excursions.

Instead of just going after a box or two after work in a location that is more than 30 minutes away, plan on visiting that area when you have more time and do as many or all of the boxes in that area if you can.

Also, maybe you can drive out to an area and park and ride your bike around the area to search for the boxes. This way you will get to know the area a little better and you will get a little exercise to boot.

Plan your outing and trip to be as efficient as possible. Try not to back track

Combine letterboxing or geocaching with other reasons you are traveling to an area. For instance when I took a course at the CIA I had free time in the morning to cache and box and took advantage of it.

I am sure there are many other gas saving tips, please use the comment button on this post to let me know what they are and make this a two way conversation.

No comments: