Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yet another reason to letterbox.

I went up to the Lake George Land Conservancy's preserve at Gull Bay to pick up a letterbox that I have been looking forward to looking for, for a while. Today I was not disappointed with a fine couple of hours of hiking, letterboxing, birdwatching and yes geocaching all in a little tiny nature preserve.




I found the letterbox easily, it was hidden in a great place and had a very nice hand carved stamp. After I found the box I went caching. The GC was located on the opposite side of the preserve which allowed me to have a pleasant hike along old tote roads to a vantage point that offered a stunning view of the Great Blue Heron nesting grounds.




Not only did I find the caches and letterbox, but I saw deer, grouse and of course a pleura of great blue heron. All in all a great letterboxing/geocaching day!


No comments: