Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wright and Algonquin

Today a friend and myself climbed Wright Peak and Algonquin in the Adirondacks. This was my second time up Algonquin this summer. My buddy hasn't climb Algonquin yet and the first time I climbed it we didn't have an opportunity to climb Wright so this time up I bagged that peak.

One of the things that I was a little concerned about was the tops of the High Peaks above 4500 feet were covered in new snow. We had the right cold weather gear but didn't have any creepers. Actually, there was a little ice on Algonquin, but the snow was only a couple of inches at the top. It did make the peak beautiful and it gave us the feel of the coming winter. Here are some pics.

The Flowed Lands from Algonquin


Lake Colden


Algonquin from Wright


The Heart Lake Vally in it's Fall splendor

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics indeed