Thursday, May 24, 2007

Been Out of town

I have been attending a continuing education class at the Culinary Institute of America, in Hyde park NY. What a beautiful area. I have until about Noon to myself so I have been exploring the Norrie State Park a little north of here and found a geocache and two nice letterboxes. Saw deer, rabbits pilieted wood peckers and no people!. Nice.



I even went behind our quality Inn and found a nature trail there where I found three more geocaches. (The where and who's I will list when I get home if anyone cares). That trail system seemed big and I bet that there were a few letterboxes on it. It was quiet and a lot of places to hide stuff. I don't know where the trail head is, but I believe it is referred to as the Hyde Park Nature Trail. When I reached the trail from a private access trail it was well marked, and looked like there were loops, but without a map it was hard to tell.



I also went over into New Paltz to a trail called the Rail Trail. There is a serious called the Riverdale Series, that the carving was great, but the trail is straight and the boxes were right near the trail, so it was a little hard for me to look for them even at 6 am as there were a good amount of people out taking their morning contitutionals. It was hard for me not to look suspecious and I didn't want to alarm some of the ladies that were walking on the trail by themselves. The boxes are easy to find. If I really wanted to get these boxes I would have come out with another person to act as a lookout. I only found 4 out of 13...I stopped at the fifth.



That's it from my baking adventure.

No comments: