Sunday, April 13, 2008

Prospect Series Ready to Plant

Finally, I am ready to place the Prospect Mountain Environmental Series. I have an assortment of recycled containers and an idea of where and how I am going to place them. All I need is that all important and hard to come by ingredient: time. I am planning on releasing this series within the next three weeks. That will add 4 new boxes to an existing box planted on the back of Prospect Mt in Lake George NY. It also will connect to a separate box that I planted near the summit of Prospect Mt. Making a nice 6 box grab for box baggers.

My goal is to bring boxers up an alternative route to the top of Prospect Mountain that I have hiked all my life. It is up an access route that was use to service the long removed fire tower years ago. I also have another objective that I would like to achieve and that is to give people a cross section of what is going on environmentally in the Adirondacks. There will be splendor and beauty and a little ugliness that is both man made and from nature. I want to make the hiker aware of some of the problems that exist in this region, but make it fun while doing it.

I will post when planted.

2 comments:

Beach Gal said...

YAY! We will be going up to Warrensburg in August and I want to get some 'boxing in :)

Matt said...

I should have them planted by then. The way I'm going to do this and the materials that I am using are a bit of an experiment.