Friday, June 8, 2007

Plan ahead

Today I had a good morning of letterboxing and geocaching. I picked up two letterboxes and one geocache. I was hoping to get more, but I had to plan B two of my locations as there was too much company. The Story of Micky and Lasher Letterbox and the Karner Blue Lb at the Wilton Wildlife Preserve was going to bag me 6 boxes, but when I rolled up I saw a school bus dropping off kids. So I plan B'ed it and went and 0 found a quickie at Bryants Bridge (LbNA#31441); I went on to the Starks Knob Letterbox and met with success. It really is a quick find, but a really neat place. Mookie had also hidden one in the same area, but she stumped me. I could not find it for the life of me.

I moved along to the Lock 5 Lb, but there was a whole bunch of motorcycles parked there, with about 50 people milling around where I thought the box was.

Plan B time, I whipped out my GPS and lo and behold there was a geocache located about 0.25 mi away. A few minutes later I had a geocache and yet another nice place to go for a little walk. I saw huge carp jumping in the old canal there, something that I didn't expect to see.

That was it. When I go out know I bring a loose leaf binder full of nearby (within 20 mi) boxes and I load up my GPS so if some of the places that I want to search are loaded up with muggles I always had a Plan B.

2 comments:

queenofswords110 said...

Hey, Baker. I wouldn't count too much on Mickey and Laser. Ses and I were out there about a month ago and it seems all the trails were re-routed since the clues were written. Looks sort of like there was a land ownership dispute which resulted in loss of a chunk of the land of the preserve (which is now clear cut and bulldozed. I contacted Scout to let her/him know but it will be a while before she/he can check it out. We did find all of the Mickey and Laser continued series but you have to look hard for the 'wide trail' and 'old logging road' - pretty overgrown - but a real good hike.

Matt said...

Thanks for the info. I did the Lb and a geocache at the scout rd site. I really liked that one. Too my kids back there for A walk, they loved it. I think I am going to wait on the Old Glick site for scout to scout things out.

Thanks again
Baker